Wednesday, January 21, 2009

sad birthday

So today is my Grandpa's birthday. Well, I guess it would have been. I don't know how it works once they're gone. But I do know I miss him more than I ever thought possible. I haven't even fully allowed myself to accept and deal with the reality of his passing. It's so hard to think that just one year ago he was still at home and he was able to interact with everyone almost 100% while we celebrated his birthday with a proper English tea party. It just doesn't seem real that he's gone. It doesn't seem possible that his life changed so much in just six months. And that he was gone two months after that. I would give anything to hug him again. I would give anything to be able to tell him I love him and Happy Birthday. I just hope this will get easier with time.

1 comment:

Brandy A. Brown said...

It's sad in it's own way, but it does get easier with time. Sorry it hits you hard each year sweetie!